Are you looking for the best gaming monitors under 150 Dollars in 2022? Let’s see them in this article, here is an example of the screens in the ranking:
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to buy a decent monitor. While they typically lack more advanced features, the best gaming monitors under $ 150 can still give you a good experience for most uses if you don’t need too many features.
Monitors in this price range are often small in size and usually limited to 1080p resolutions, making them adequate for casual use and casual gaming.
Best Gaming Monitor Under $ 150
If you want to know which are the best gaming monitors under $ 150 on the market in the price range from 100 to 200 dollars, we offer you this fully updated guide with what, in our opinion, could be the best options.
Choosing a good monitor is not an easy task, since many parameters have to be considered, for example, the panel time; IPS, VA, TN, its refresh rate, whether it’s for gaming or design, and many other problems. And that is why we offer you this guide that we will update frequently with the best PC monitors of the moment.
Also read: Best Portable Monitor For Gaming Products
Best Gaming Monitor Under $ 150 | Comparison Table 2022
|ASUS VP249QGR 23.8” Gaming Monitor 144Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 1ms FreeSync Extreme Low Motion Blur Eye Care DisplayPort HDMI VGA,BLACK||ASUS||Check Price|
|Sceptre 27-Inch FHD LED Gaming Monitor 75Hz 2X HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Ultra Slim Metal Black||Sceptre||Check Price|
|HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-Inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor, Tilt, VGA and HDMI (T4Q59AA) - Black||HP||Check Price|
|SAMSUNG LC24F396FHNXZA 23.5" FHD Curved LED-Lit FreeSync Monitor||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
|AOC G2490VX 24" Class Frameless Gaming Monitor, FHD 1920x1080, 1ms 144Hz, FreeSync Premium, 126% sRGB / 93% DCI-P3, 3Yr Re-Spawned Zero Dead Pixels, Black||AOC||Check Price|
|ASUS VG245H 24 inchFull HD 1080p 1ms Dual HDMI Eye Care Console Gaming Monitor with FreeSync/Adaptive Sync, Black, 24-inch||ASUS||Check Price|
|Sceptre IPS 24" LED Gaming Monitor 1ms HDMI DisplayPort up to 165Hz AMD FreeSync Premium Build-in Speakers, Edgeless Machine Black 2021 (E248B-FPN168)||Sceptre||Check Price|
|HAJAAN S240i 24 Inch Flat Screen Full HD Widescreen IPS LED Monitor (HDMI and VGA) 1920X1080 Resolution at 75Hz 5ms Response Time||HAJAAN||Check Price|
|AOC C24G1 24" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor, FHD 1080p, 1500R VA panel, 1ms 144Hz, FreeSync, Height adjustable, VESA, 3-Year Zero Dead Pixels Black||AOC||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Gaming Monitor Under $ 150 | 2022 Products Overview
1. ASUS VP249QGR 23.8” Best Gaming Monitor Under 150
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
The ASUS VP249QGR 23.8” Gaming Monitor is designed to deliver exceptional gaming performance. It features a Full HD IPS panel with a 178° wide viewing angle for sharp visuals, along with a fast 144Hz refresh rate and Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync) technology to reduce input lag and ghosting for a smooth and responsive gaming experience. The monitor also features ASUS’s Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology, which reduces response time to 1ms MPRT, making fast-paced action games look sharp and precise.
Adding to the gaming experience, the VP249QGR monitor also comes equipped with ASUS’s Eye Care technology, which includes flicker-free backlighting and a blue light filter to reduce eye fatigue and strain. This ensures a comfortable gaming experience even with extended gaming sessions. Additionally, the VP249QGR is equipped with a variety of ports, including DisplayPort, HDMI, and D-sub, making it easy to connect to multiple devices. The monitor is also VESA wall-mountable, so it can be mounted to save on desktop space.
The ASUS VP249QGR 23.8” Gaming Monitor is an ideal companion for any gamer looking for a fast and reliable gaming monitor. With its fast refresh rate and Adaptive-Sync technology, it ensures smooth gaming visuals with minimal input lag. It also features ASUS Eye Care technology to reduce eye fatigue, along with multiple ports for easy connection to other devices. Its versatility, performance, and design make it an ideal choice for gamers of all levels.
- 23.8-inch Full HD (1920×1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel.
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback.
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye strain.
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI, and D-sub ports, and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space.
- May not support 4K resolution.
- No built-in speakers.
- May be more expensive than other monitors with similar specifications.
Also read: Cheap Gaming Monitor under $100
2. Sceptre 27-Inch FHD Gaming Monitor
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
- Up to 75Hz Refresh Rate: With 75Hz refresh rate, images change faster and smoother than the standard, reducing screen tearing
- AMD FreeSync: With AMD FreeSync, gamers enjoy smooth video & seamless on the spot movement in fast-paced games. The graphic card and monitor refresh rates are synchronized to eliminate tearing and stuttering.
- Multiple Ports: One VGA and two HDMI ports each accelerate refresh rate up to 75Hz, providing the visual edge you need to defeat any opponent during all of your gaming adventures.
- Built in Speakers: Perfectly suited to work & gaming settings, built-in speakers deliver robust & smooth audio while saving space on your desk.
The Sceptre 27-Inch FHD LED Gaming Monitor is an ideal choice for gamers looking for a reliable and affordable gaming display. This monitor boasts a 75Hz refresh rate for smoother video and seamless on the spot movement in fast-paced games. It also features AMD FreeSync technology, enabling gamers to enjoy smooth video and eliminate tearing and stuttering. The monitor includes two HDMI ports and one VGA port allowing gamers to connect to multiple devices. Additionally, it has built-in speakers that provide clear and robust audio without taking up much desk space.
The design of the monitor is eye-catching, with a sleek metal black finish. It also comes with a blue light shift feature that reduces blue light, allowing gamers to work, watch, or play for longer without straining their eyes. The stand is a little wobbly, but overall the monitor is stable and durable. The picture quality is decent, although some users may prefer to use a Bluetooth speaker for better audio.
Overall, the Sceptre 27-Inch FHD LED Gaming Monitor is an excellent option for gamers on a budget. It’s a reliable and affordable monitor that includes dual HDMI inputs and built-in speakers. The blue light shift feature and 75Hz refresh rate offer gamers a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience. With great picture quality and audio, this monitor is a great choice for those who want to get the most out of their gaming experience.
- The monitor has a Blue Light Shift feature that reduces blue light, which helps to reduce eye strain.
- The monitor has a 75Hz refresh rate, which provides smooth and fast video playback.
- The monitor has AMD FreeSync technology, which eliminates tearing and stuttering in fast-paced games.
- The monitor has multiple ports including VGA and two HDMI ports, which allows for versatile connectivity options.
- The monitor has built-in speakers, which saves space on the desk and eliminates the need for external speakers.
- The built-in speakers may not produce high-quality sound.
- The stand may be wobbly.
- The monitor may not have the best color accuracy.
Also read: Best Console Gaming Monitor
3. HP Pavilion 22cwa Gaming Monitor Under 150
- Resolution & panel — 21.5-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels)
- Response time — 7ms with overdrive and vivid color scheme for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- Adjustable viewing — Adjustable tilt (-5° to 25°) with 178° positional viewing for the best quality at any angle
- Connectivity — Open wedge contemporary design allows easy access to VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups includes - AC power cord, VGA cable, and power adapter
- Compatibility — Plug and play for all OS such as Windows & Mac OS for laptop connectivity and PS4 (note: USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI adapters required for 2016 MacBook Pros or later)
- Brightness & contrast — 250 nits of brightness, up to 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and up to 1000:1 static contrast ratio
- Responsibly made — Save your wallet with an Energy Star certified monitor that meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines and helps reduce your carbon footprint
- Warranty — One-year limited warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon
- NOTE: HDMI Cord sold separately
The HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-Inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor is a great choice for those looking for an affordable monitor with impressive visuals. It has a glossy black finish and a thin panel design, and comes with a VGA and HDMI port for video outputs. With a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, the monitor provides a crisp and clear picture quality. The refresh rate of this monitor is 60 Hz, so it is not the best option for gamers but it is suitable for everyday tasks such as document printing and web browsing.
The monitor also has tilt feature which is great for finding the perfect viewing angle. It has been tested to ensure that it can last for years, and I can personally vouch for its performance since I purchased one for my Grandpa 4 years ago and it is still working great. It is worth mentioning that this monitor can be bought for an affordable price, even with my employer’s reimbursement of up to $75 for a home monitor.
Overall, the HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-Inch Full HD 1080p IPS LED Monitor is perfect for those who want an affordable and reliable monitor for everyday tasks. It has an attractive design and provides a crisp viewing experience. It also comes with a tilt feature so that you can easily adjust the viewing angle. It is definitely worth considering if you are looking for a budget-friendly monitor.
- Affordable price
- Good panel quality and 1080p resolution
- Easy setup and compatibility with both VGA and HDMI inputs
- Tilt adjustment feature for comfortable viewing
- Has been working well for 4 years with regular use.
- Not suitable for gaming due to 60hz refresh rate
- A glossy black finish may be prone to smudging and fingerprint marks
- Confusing product dimensions are listed on the product page.
4. SAMSUNG 23.5" FHD Curved
- 1800R curvature of the screen provides a truly immersive viewing experience
- A stylish design featuring a Black body metallic finish and sleek curves
- 4 (GTG) ms response time
- Amd Free Sync minimizes input latency and dramatically reduces image tearing and stutter during gaming
- Eye saver mode optimizes your viewing comfort by reducing blue light emissions and flickers at the touch of a button
- The excellent 3000: 1 contrast ratio delivers deep blacks and bright whites
- Display technology: LCD
- Connectivity technology: HDMI
The Samsung 23.5” CF396 Curved Computer Monitor is the perfect choice for gamers and home users who need a reliable viewing experience. With its 1800R curvature and ultra-slim design, this monitor will give you a stunning panoramic view of your favorite games and documents. Plus, the AMD FreeSync technology allows users to enjoy smooth images, even during the fastest moving scenes. The fast 4ms response time makes sure that you won’t miss any on-screen action, while the excellent 3000:1 contrast ratio delivers deep blacks and bright whites.
The Eye Saver Mode is also a great feature of this monitor. With just the touch of a button, you can reduce blue light emissions and flickers in order to optimize your viewing comfort. This way, you can read documents, play games, watch movies and edit photos for longer periods of time without worrying about eye strain or fatigue. And with Samsung’s Active Crystal Color technology, you’ll be able to experience vibrant, vivid colors with the utmost clarity.
Overall, the Samsung 23.5” CF396 Curved Computer Monitor is a great choice for those who need a reliable and immersive viewing experience. With its advanced gaming technology, fast response time, and brilliant picture quality, this monitor is sure to give you an unbeatable gaming and multimedia experience.
- Immersive viewing experience with the 1800R curvature of the screen
- Super slim and sleek design
- Advanced gaming experience with AMD FreeSync technology
- Fast 4ms response time for clear and smooth motion
- Eye Saver Mode reduces blue light emissions and flickers for comfortable viewing
- May be too curved for some users
- Some users may find it too large for their desk
- May be too expensive for some budget-conscious buyers
5. AOC G2490VX 24"Best gaming monitor 4K
- 24 class (23.8 Viewable) AOC Gaming monitor with 1920x1080 Full HD Resolution VA Panel
- Rapid 1ms response time (MPRT) and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync Premium for ultra-smooth competitive gameplay
- 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate seamless multi-monitor setup
- RE-SPAWNED: 3-year zero-bright-dot, 3-year advance replacement, 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
- 125.95% sRGB & 92.85% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage for accurate color reproduction and lifelike images
- 1x DisplayPort,1x HDMI 1.4, and Audio Line-Out for convenience
- VESA mounting capable for flexible mounting options
- AOC LowBlue Mode and FlickerFree for wellbeing during extended gaming sessions
The AOC G2490VX is a 24-inch class gaming monitor with a frameless design and a stunning viewable image size of 23.8 inches. Featuring an ultra-sharp Full HD resolution of 1920x1080, this monitor also has Adaptive-Sync technology, AMD FreeSync Premium, and a rapid 1ms response time. This makes it perfect for gaming, as the quick response time and 144Hz refresh rate will provide a smooth, fluid gameplay experience.
The VA panel offers wide viewing angles and color accuracy, with 125.95% sRGB and 92.85% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage for lifelike images and accurate color reproduction. The sleek 3-sided frameless design is the perfect addition to any multi-monitor setup, and is both walls mountable and equipped with a Kensington security slot. The AOC G2490VX is further enhanced with flicker-free and AOC LowBlue mode technology for your viewing comfort.
Additionally, the monitor comes with a power cord, HDMI cable, and a Quick Start Guide. With all these features, the AOC G2490VX is the perfect choice for competitive gamers looking to upgrade their gaming setup.
- Rapid 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate for ultra-smooth competitive gameplay.
- The 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for a seamless multi-monitor setup.
- RE-SPAWNED 3-year zero-bright-dot, 3-year advance replacement, and 1-year accidental damage coverage.
- 125.95% sRGB & 92.85% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage for accurate color reproduction and lifelike images.
- Adaptive-Sync technology, FlickerFree, and AOC LowBlue Mode Technology for viewing comfort.
- The monitor does not have built-in speakers.
- The stand is not height adjustable.
- The monitor does not have USB ports.
6. ASUS VG245HE 24"Best budget gaming monitor
- 1ms response time featuring ASUS GameFast Input Technology and dual HDMI ports for a smooth console gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Stereo 2W speakers deliver engaging gameplay and eliminate the need for external speakers. Exclusive GameVisual & GamePlus functions to enhance color performance and control
- Compliance and Standards- Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level , CU, ErP, FCC, ISO-9241-307, J-MOSS, KCC, PSE, UkrSEPRO, UL/cUL, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), MEPS, RCM, TUV Flicker-free , eStandby, TUV Low Blue Light
- FreeSync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75 Hz refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPUs
The ASUS VG245H 24-inch Full HD 1080p 1ms Dual HDMI Eye Care Console Gaming Monitor is the perfect choice for avid gamers looking for a powerful gaming experience with reduced eye fatigue. This monitor comes with ASUS Eye Care technology, featuring both a flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue during long gaming sessions. In addition, this monitor features an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk, as well as exclusive GamePlus and GameVisual technology to ensure the best gaming performance.
The exclusive GamePlus and GameVisual technology from ASUS allows gamers to get the most out of their games with the help of in-game enhancements such as crosshairs and timers. Furthermore, the ASUS Low Blue Light Monitors feature a unique OSD menu that allows gamers to access four different Blue Light Filter settings for different lighting environments. Additionally, the monitor also includes FreeSync/Adaptive Sync technology with a 75Hz refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPU, along with ASUS Game Fast input technology for smooth console gaming.
The ASUS VG245H 24-inch Full HD 1080p 1ms Dual HDMI Eye Care Console Gaming Monitor is the ideal choice for gamers who are looking for a powerful gaming experience with reduced eye fatigue. With its impressive features and ergonomic design, it is the perfect choice for any gaming enthusiast.
- 1ms response time with ASUS Game Fast input technology for the smooth console gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with a flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions to enhance color performance and control
- FreeSync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75Hz refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPU
- 75Hz refresh rate may not be high enough for some competitive gamers
- The dual 2W speakers may not provide the best audio quality
- The monitor is only compatible with AMD Radeon GPU, which may not be suitable for some users
Also read: Best Gaming Monitor For Xbox One X
7. Sceptre IPS 24"Best cheap Gaming Monitor
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- AMD FreeSync Premium: By accelerating the frame rate to at least 120Hz at 1080P FHD resolution and delivering low latency to prevent visible delay in data processing, AMD FreeSync Premium allows gameplay to reach the highest echelons of performance.
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery that 1080P resolution and high refresh rate have to offer.
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
- Multiple Ports: The DisplayPort delivers up to a stellar 165Hz refresh rate, providing incredible visibility & agility to dominate all gaming competition. The two HDMI ports provide up to an impressive 120Hz.
The Sceptre IPS 24" LED Gaming Monitor is the perfect choice for gamers looking to upgrade their gaming setup. Its 24” size and slim edgeless design deliver a truly immersive viewing experience. Featuring an IPS panel, this monitor produces high-quality, consistent colour performance and sharp visibility from multiple angles. Plus, with its AMD FreeSync Premium technology, the frame rate can be accelerated to at least 120Hz for smooth and responsive gameplay. Thanks to its 165Hz refresh rate, this monitor provides incredible visibility and agility for all types of gaming competitions.
The monitor also supports Blue Light Shift mode, which helps reduce blue light so you can comfortably work or play without straining your eyes. It has multiple ports, including a DisplayPort and two HDMI ports, for connecting to other devices. Additionally, its build-in speakers ensure you get the best sound quality out of your gaming setup.
The Sceptre IPS 24" LED Gaming Monitor is a great choice for gamers looking to take their gaming to the next level. Its high-quality display, advanced technologies, and powerful speakers make it a great value. The only downside to this monitor is that there is a noticeable opening on the top, which may be concerning for some. However, this has not impacted the performance of the monitor.
- IPS panel provides consistent color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- AMD FreeSync Premium technology accelerates the frame rate and delivers low latency for optimal gameplay.
- Edgeless design immerses the user in the action and scenery of 1080P resolution and high refresh rate.
- Blue Light Shift reduces blue light for comfortable use without straining the eyes.
- Multiple ports, including DisplayPort and HDMI, provide high refresh rates for smooth gameplay.
- Build quality may be questionable, with noticeable openings on the top of the monitor.
- Some users have reported receiving monitors with the same issue, raising concerns about quality control.
- May not be suitable for those who need a higher-end monitor for professional use.
8. HAJAAN S240i 24 Inch
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution for unbelievable pixel-by-pixel image performance.
- Stunning color performance & wide-angle viewing with 75Hz refresh rate, images change faster and smoother than the standard, reducing screen tearing.
- 5ms Response Time to eliminate ghosting and lag, providing you the optimal console gaming experience and dramatically reduce image tearing and stutter during gaming.
- Expansive 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles ensure uniform viewing from above, below, and either side.
- 1000:1 static contrast ratio and a 220 cd/m2 brightness rating offers a vibrant, eye-popping picture with enhanced clarity and depth
The HAJAAN S240i 24 Inch Flat Screen Full HD Widescreen IPS LED Monitor is an excellent choice for gamers and movie watchers alike. The monitor features an impressive 1920 x 1080 resolution, allowing you to experience an incredibly detailed and stunning image performance. With a 75Hz refresh rate, images change faster and smoother than the standard, reducing screen tearing and providing a lag-free gaming experience. The 5ms response time eliminates ghosting and lag, providing you the optimal console gaming experience.
The wide viewing angles allow for uniform viewing from any side, and the 1000:1 static contrast ratio and 220 cd/m2 brightness rating offer a vibrant, eye-popping picture with enhanced clarity and depth. With HDMI and VGA inputs, you can easily connect to a range of devices, ensuring you a wide range of options when it comes to connecting with other devices. Plus, the slim bezel design ensures an immersive, borderless experience.
The HAJAAN S240i 24 Inch Flat Screen Full HD Widescreen IPS LED Monitor is the perfect solution for anyone looking for an incredible viewing and gaming experience with a monitor that won't break the bank. With its crisp image quality, responsive gaming performance, and wide viewing angles, this monitor is sure to impress. Plus, its slim design and durable construction make it a great choice for any workspace.
- Full HD resolution for clear and detailed images
- The high refresh rate of 75Hz for smooth and fast motion
- Low response time of 5ms for reduced ghosting and lag
- Wide viewing angles for uniform viewing from any angle
- High contrast ratio and brightness for a vibrant and eye-popping pictures.
- No mention of built-in speakers
- No mention of any eye care technology
- No mention of any advanced features such as FreeSync/Adaptive Sync or gaming-specific enhancements.
Also read: Best 1440p Monitor of 2022
9. AOC C24G1 best Curved 24" gaming monitors under $ 150
- AOC Gaming 24 Class, 23. 6 Viewable AOC Gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- 1500R curved monitor (VA panel) wrapping around your vision for an immersive gaming experience
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD Free Sync for smoothest competitive game play
- 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
- Height adjustable stand for optimum ergonomics
- Re-spawned: 3-year zero-bright-dot, 3-year advance replacement, 1-year (one-time) accidental damage
- Displayport, 2x HDMI 1. 4, VGA inputs with audio Line-out for convenience. Viewing angle- 178º horizontal, 178º vertical
- AOC low Blue mode and flickers for wellbeing during extended gaming sessions
The AOC C24G1 24" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor is the perfect display for any serious gamer. It features a 1500R VA curved panel with a full HD 1920x1080 resolution, a super-fast 1ms response time, and a 144Hz refresh rate for smooth visuals and responsive gameplay.
The monitor also boasts AMD FreeSync technology which eliminates stuttering and tearing for a seamless gaming experience. The sleek, frameless design provides a premium aesthetic and includes adjustable height, swivel, and tilt so you can customize the perfect viewing angle.
The monitor also features FlickerFree and AOC LowBlue Mode Technology to reduce eye strain and fatigue during long gaming sessions. With a wide range of inputs, including DisplayPort 1.2, VGA, and 2x HDMI 1.4, the C24G1 makes it easy to connect your gaming consoles, computer, or other devices. Whether you’re a competitive gamer or just want to immerse yourself in your favorite games, the AOC C24G1 monitor is an ideal choice.
- The curved 1500R VA panel provides an immersive gaming experience.
- Rapid 1ms response time and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync for smooth gameplay.
- The sleek, curved frameless design with height, swivel, and tilt adjustability.
- FlickerFree and AOC LowBlue Mode Technology for comfortable extended gaming sessions.
- Equipped with a range of inputs including VGA, DisplayPort, and 2x HDMI for convenience.
- Some reviewers have reported issues with the monitor’s stand not being stable.
- Some users have reported that the monitor may have a slightly narrower viewing angle.
- Some users have reported that the monitor may have a slightly narrower viewing angle.
How To Choose The Best Gaming Monitor Under $ 150 - Here's Buyer's Guide 2022
Choosing a gaming monitor suitable for a gamer is not easy, there are so many models on the market, starting from the cheapest ranges up to the TOP of the range.
Each screen has different characteristics, for example, a gaming monitor has completely different technical specifications compared to a monitor intended for office or graphic use.
In this guide, we will explain which features to aim for to help you choose.
So here's what you need to take into account to choose the best gaming monitor.
Also read: Best Gaming Monitor Under $200
The size of the screen is important, as you have to calculate the space available before aiming at a large monitor.
If the desk on which you are going to place the monitor is not very large and you buy a 27 inch, you will have a problem regarding the sharpness of the image, as with the same pixels, the images are much larger.
So, if you don't have a space problem and are looking for a large gaming monitor, a nice 27-inch may be suitable.
While if you have any problem with spaces, a 23 or 24 inch is ideal for you.
You must take into account in this choice, that it is not so much the space needed to the right and left of your screen, but the distance from your eyes. It won't do you any good to have a giant monitor if you have it stuck to your face.
Another problem you can face by playing too closely on a large monitor is that of risking eyestrain, which will cause you headaches and insomnia in the first place.
In gaming monitors it is not only the screen size that matters, another important thing is in fact the resolution.
There are 3 main types of resolution:
- Full HD monitors: Usually they are the best on the quality/price ratio. They have a resolution of 1920 x 1080p (pixels), and it is the current standard.
- 2k monitors: This type of monitor uses a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, and more than for gaming, they are usually recommended for graphic use.
- 4K or Ultra HD monitors: It is the highest resolution you can currently find on the market, they have a resolution of 3840 × 2160p. To make the most of all this you need a powerful PC, otherwise, your graphics processor will not be able to guarantee you a good gaming experience, the suggested sizes range from 28 inches upwards.
Most of the displays currently on the market are liquid crystal (LCD), with LED backlighting, but be careful, not all are the same, in fact, they are divided into three main categories:
- The monitor TN: The most suitable for gaming saw the low response times that have (up to 1 ms) and because of their quality/price ratio.
- The monitor IPS: This type of panel is more appropriate instead for graphics or areas where it is important to the quality of the colors, better than other types such as TN or VA, while the reaction time is usually higher.
- VA monitors: More suitable for use for work, as they have response times and colors that are not as good as the other panels, however, they are equipped with a good viewing angle and better contrast.
A very important factor for a gaming monitor is precisely the response time, or the ability of a single-pixel to change color starting from gray to color and returning to the starting gray.
This factor is one of the main evaluation factors for a gaming monitor. A competitive, high-level player usually stays on 1 - 2 ms, but for an untrained eye, even one with 5 ms makes no difference.
Also read: Best 24-inch Monitor For Gaming in 2022
The best interface to use with the gaming monitor is the DisplayPort, as it guarantees you excellent transmission of the 144Hz video signal.
Otherwise, you can choose DVI which, however, carries only the video signal and not the audio one, or alternatively you can always use the HDMI interface, very popular on consoles.
With version 2.0, HDMI has reached very high refresh rates, obviously, both the cable, your video card, and your monitor must be able to support this interface.
The brightness of a gaming monitor is a very important factor to evaluate, as it allows you to be able to have good visual quality even when there is a lot of light in your room.
The standard brightness is 250 cd / m 2 but you could also go to a 300 cd / m 2 , but be careful because a high brightness can cause damage and discomfort to the eyes.
Note: However, remember that if your screen supports high brightness, you can always lower it, but not the other way around.
A high contrast, on the other hand, allows you to see well especially in low-light games, such as thrillers or horror games.
For very clear games, set during the day, for example, such as MMORPG or RPG, there is nothing better than a low contrast, otherwise, the view will tire.
Most of the most hardcore players set the possibility of changing the contrast in real-time, so as to always be at the top with the graphics.
Remember that high contrast is always better because you can choose to lower it to your liking.
Refresh rate (refresh rate)
It is usually expressed with the abbreviation Hz (Hertz), and the higher this factor is the smoother the video images flow.
Noting the difference for untrained people after 60Hz is not easy, while for those who already know more, values between 120 Hz and 144 Hz are preferred, but there are also monitors with higher values.
There are two types of displays, those with a glossy or matte finish.
Those with a matte surface allow you not to see those annoying white beams due to light, while the glossy ones have brighter colors themselves but suffer more from the light effect.
So, if the room you play in is very bright I recommend a matte display, while if the monitor is not subject to a lot of light, a glossy display is the most suitable.
A curved screen provides a great field of view giving you a more immersive and better gaming experience, great for first-person games, even if they are priced slightly higher than a flat one.
The best gaming monitors have several very useful technologies and features.
For example, in some models, you can make a viewfinder appear in the center of the panel, or view the FPS in real-time.
Low Blue Light technology will reduce blue light frequencies at your command, allowing you to relax your eyes.
The blue frequencies are the most harmful to our body and are the main cause of migraines and sleep disturbances.
Even the best brands in the industry have created real suites within the gaming monitor, integrating various features. They will be very useful to you during your gaming sessions, giving you a lot of advantages.
What Is The Best Monitor For 150?
With a budget of $150, you can find some good options for a basic monitor with decent features. Here are a few options:
- ViewSonic VA2259-SMH: This is a 22-inch full HD (1920x1080) IPS monitor with a slim bezel design. It has a 5ms response time and a 60Hz refresh rate, making it suitable for basic tasks and casual gaming. It also has a built-in speaker.
- Acer SB220Q bi: This is another 21.5-inch full HD IPS monitor with a 75Hz refresh rate and a 4ms response time. It has a slim design and thin bezels, making it suitable for multi-monitor setups. It does not have built-in speakers, but it does have VESA mount compatibility.
- AOC E2270SWHN: This is a 21.5-inch full HD TN panel monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate and a 5ms response time. It has a slim design with narrow bezels and also has built-in speakers. It's a good option for basic tasks and casual gaming.
These are just a few examples of monitors that you can find within your budget. Keep in mind that at this price point, you may have to compromise on some features such as screen size, refresh rate, or response time.
Is 24 Or 27 Better For Gaming?
The choice between a 24-inch and 27-inch monitor for gaming ultimately depends on personal preference and gaming setup.
A 24-inch monitor is generally considered the standard for gaming as it provides a good balance between screen real estate and pixel density. It's also a popular choice for esports gamers who prefer a smaller screen size to focus on the action.
On the other hand, a 27-inch monitor provides a larger screen real estate and can enhance the immersive gaming experience. It can also be beneficial for games that require more detail, such as strategy games.
It's important to note that the ideal screen size also depends on the viewing distance. If you sit closer to your monitor, a smaller screen size may be more suitable, while a larger screen size may be more comfortable if you sit further away.
Ultimately, the choice between a 24-inch and 27-inch monitor for gaming comes down to personal preference, gaming setup, and viewing distance.
Is 27-inch Gaming Monitor Good?
Yes, a 27-inch gaming monitor is a good choice for gaming as it provides a larger screen real estate, which can enhance the immersive gaming experience. A 27-inch monitor also allows for better multitasking and can provide more space for other applications such as web browsing, video editing, or programming.
Additionally, most 27-inch gaming monitors offer a higher resolution, such as 1440p or 4K, which can improve image quality and provide more details in games. Some models also offer faster refresh rates and response times, which can reduce motion blur and provide smoother gameplay.
However, it's important to note that a 27-inch monitor may not be suitable for all gaming setups or preferences. If you sit close to your monitor or prefer a smaller screen size, a 27-inch monitor may feel too big or overwhelming. Similarly, if you have limited desk space or a small gaming setup, a 27-inch monitor may not be the best choice.
Overall, a 27-inch gaming monitor can be an excellent choice for gamers who want a larger screen size and improved image quality, but it's important to consider personal preferences and setup limitations before making a decision.
Is 60hz Good For Gaming?
While a 60Hz refresh rate was once considered standard for gaming, it may not be the best option for many modern games. A higher refresh rate, such as 120Hz or 144Hz, can provide a smoother and more responsive gaming experience. However, the choice of refresh rate ultimately depends on the type of games you play and your personal preferences.
If you primarily play slower-paced games like strategy or turn-based games, a 60Hz monitor may be sufficient. But for fast-paced games like first-person shooters or racing games, a higher refresh rate can make a noticeable difference in the smoothness and clarity of the gameplay.
Are 3k Monitors A Thing?
Yes, 3K monitors are a thing. The term "3K" typically refers to a resolution of 2880 x 1620 pixels, which is slightly higher than the standard 1440p resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. While 3K monitors are not as common as 4K or 1440p monitors, they can offer a good compromise between resolution and performance for those who want more pixels than 1440p but don't need the full 4K resolution. Some popular 3K monitors include the Dell UltraSharp U2713H and the HP Z27q.
Is A 75 Hz Monitor Good?
A 75 Hz monitor can be good for gaming, but it depends on your specific needs and preferences. In general, a higher refresh rate can offer a smoother and more responsive gaming experience, particularly in fast-paced games. A 75 Hz refresh rate is a step up from the standard 60 Hz refresh rate, so it can provide some noticeable improvements in motion clarity and reduced input lag.
However, if you are a professional gamer or you play competitive games, you may want to consider a higher refresh rates monitor, such as 144 Hz or even 240 Hz. Additionally, the other specifications of the monitor, such as resolution and response time, should also be taken into account when choosing a gaming monitor.
Do Pro Gamers Use 1080p Or 1440p?
Pro gamers typically use 1080p or 1440p monitors, depending on their preferences and the specific game they are playing. Some competitive gamers prefer the lower resolution of 1080p because it allows for higher frame rates and smoother gameplay. Others prefer the increased detail and sharpness of 1440p. Ultimately, the choice between 1080p and 1440p comes down to personal preference, the hardware being used, and the demands of the specific game being played.
What Size Monitor Is Best For Fps?
When it comes to FPS gaming, a smaller monitor size is generally better because it allows for faster eye movement and quicker reaction times. The most popular monitor sizes for FPS gaming are between 24 and 27 inches. However, this is also a matter of personal preference and the size of your gaming space. A 24-inch monitor may be sufficient for some players, while others may prefer a larger display. Ultimately, the size of the monitor should be chosen based on the individual's comfort and preferences.
Is 144 Hz Good For Gaming?
Yes, 144 Hz is considered good for gaming as it provides a higher refresh rate compared to the standard 60 Hz monitors. With a 144 Hz monitor, the screen can display up to 144 frames per second, resulting in smoother and more responsive gameplay. This is particularly beneficial for fast-paced games such as first-person shooters, where quick reflexes and precise movements are crucial. A 144 Hz monitor can also reduce motion blur and input lag, making it easier for gamers to keep track of the action and respond to it quickly.
What Hz Is Good For Gaming?
Higher refresh rates are generally better for gaming as they provide smoother and more responsive gameplay. A 144 Hz refresh rate is considered to be a good standard for gaming, but some gamers prefer even higher refresh rates such as 240 Hz. However, the ideal refresh rate depends on the individual's preferences, the type of games being played, and the hardware being used.
Does Monitor Size Affect Fps?
Monitor size does not directly affect FPS (frames per second). The resolution and refresh rate of a monitor can affect the FPS in games. For example, a higher resolution monitor may require a more powerful graphics card to run games at a higher FPS, while a higher refresh rate monitor may provide a smoother gaming experience with less screen tearing. However, the physical size of the monitor does not directly affect the performance of the game.
Is 2k The Same As 1440p?
Yes, 2K and 1440p are the same resolution. The term "2K" typically refers to a resolution of 2048 x 1080 pixels, which is slightly wider than 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels). However, in the context of monitors and displays, "2K" is often used interchangeably with 1440p (2560 x 1440 pixels), which is also known as Quad HD (QHD).
Now that you know the most important features that a gaming monitor must-have, all you have to do is choose the one that best suits your gaming situation.
For a good quality/price ratio I recommend a FULL HD with a response time ranging from 1 - 2 ms, with a frequency of at least 120 Hz (if you are not a hardcore gamer, 60 is fine too ), so that you have a good graphic rendering without the need to spend a large amount.
Leave a Reply