Are you a laptop lover? And you use it like hell, let me quote the famous quote here;
“If your laptop doesn’t smell like fire then you are losing.”
But what’s about your eyesight? Who will care? Are you wearing eyeglasses due to excess use of a laptop?
The simple solution to this problem brings the Best Portable Monitor for Laptop to away the eye-strains.
Look at another condition;
Working on your laptop has become hectic by switching from one tab to another and from one window to another? Tired of all this fuss? You can’t cope with this burden anymore?
If you want to speed up your work in less time and want to be more productive, then a separate laptop monitor will help you to achieve this. You don’t have to buy another laptop because the portable monitor for the laptop will solve your problem.
If you want something like a mobile monitor and easy to carry…! Yes, this is a built-in battery monitor for your laptop.
If you travel enormously and carrying your computer is difficult, a portable USB monitor is the best solution for you.
Two screens are better than one to work in good conditions and when you have tasted the comfort of two screens, you can’t live without them.
The portable monitor is also great for GPS route tracking & entertaining the passenger while traveling.
The use of two monitors allows for a bigger workspace and better organization. This allows having different software displayed simultaneously. This is a particularly valuable solution when working on a laptop.
Just turn your laptop into a desktop PC with a portable monitor for the laptop.
The portable monitors with HDMI input can be used as the main screen. It’s perfect for playing the console while on the move or for temporary commercial installations. There are many possible applications.
What is Portable Monitor For Laptop
It is an additional monitor that can be easily connected to your laptop via USB plug, It is movable because of its slim and lightweight design. Some portable monitor has its own built-in battery and provides you a backup for up to 4 hours.
Best Portable Monitor For Laptop 2019
I did in-depth research and made this definitive guide for you to tell you about the best portable laptop monitor, so you can select according to your requirements.
I have set criteria to pick the portable monitors according to your need and requirements.
Benefits of a Laptop Portable Monitor
One may wonder why to choose a portable monitor rather than a traditional computer monitor. Here are the main advantages of a portable USB powered monitor:
- Using a portable monitor for laptop allows you to easily add a screen to your laptop. Just connect the screen to your computer with a single USB cable. It is a nomadic solution perfect to find the comfort of two screens during all your displacements.
- One of the most important and important advantages of USB monitors is that it is expandable. Most PCs and other media players have a limit of 1 or 2 video outputs, while the USB technology used in the monitors above, allows you to connect up to 6 screens with standard windows and up to 14 screens additional using a Windows Multipoint Server. If you use Mac, you can add 4 more. This means that USB technology reduces the cost of installing and maintaining the overall infrastructure.
- Portable displays with USB are great for cash registers. You can configure multiple screens from the client and the employee. In this case, only regular software and one or several external monitors are used, without any additional equipment.
- For portable displays with an HDMI input, this is an ideal solution to bring your game console on vacation or to enjoy many multimedia features on the go.
- They are also important when it comes to size. USB monitors use smaller connectors and thinner cables than VGA, DVI, and HDMI. No power brick to hide, because a single cable is enough to do everything. This is a digital transport medium, so there is no interface like you have with the VGA.
- External monitors allow you to protect the information transmitted to the screen. To do this, use DisplayLink technology, which compresses data before sending it to an external device. Also, a USB monitor consumes up to 80% less power than a regular one.
- Finally, and obviously, the main advantage of portable monitors is their portability. Their reduced size and weight make it easy to take them anywhere. They are simple to carry, simple to use and will naturally find their place in the bag of your laptop.
Today, many well-known brands, such as Asus, AOC, Lilliput, offer good quality monitors powered by USB. We have compiled portable displays from these popular manufacturers and have compiled a list of good portable USB monitors.
You can familiarize yourself with it, in order to select a portable display that suits your needs and budget. We have a Buyer’s Guide Section which will assist you to take the right decision.
5-Stars Picks | High Quality | Top Brands
|Monitor Name||Screen Size (Inches)||LCD Type/Panel||Resolution||USB / Ports||Price $$|
|ASUS MB169b+ (Editor's Choice)||15.6||IPS||1920x1080||3.0/1|
|GAEMS M155||15.5||TN||1366 x 768||/1|
|ViewSonic TD2230Recommended||22||IPS||1920 x 1080||/1|
|Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421||14||TN||1366 x 768||/1|
|AOC I1659FWUX||15.6||IPS||1920x1080||3.0 / 1|
|Electric Magic Ultra Slim||13.3||IPS||2560x1440||/1|
|HP Elite G8R65AA||14||1600 x 900||/1|
|Lilliput – UM70 Cheapest||7||IPS||800 x 480||2.0/1|
Best Portable Monitor For Laptop 2019 | Reviews
1. ASUS MB169b+ USB Portable Monitor (Editor’s Choice)
The 1st portable monitor for laptop I have found for you is the ASUS MB168 + 15.6 “WXGA 1366 × 768 USB powered monitor with some interesting features and specifications. The ASUS MB168B + portable monitor is known for its thinness and lightness .
It was the only 1080p portable monitor at the time of its launch and enjoys a good reputation among HDMI portable monitors to date.
Let see some of the features, performance and other stuff.
It comes with an adjustable stand and a protective case. Its lightness and size allow you to easily carry the device in its protective case.
- It a productivity beast portable monitor.
- It offers a full view of the screen with zero distortion.
- Motion Blur reduction technology which reduce fuziness while playing fast action movies or games
- ASUS MB168 offers a 1366 × 768 HD resolution with a 16: 9 aspect ratio so you can enjoy a clear picture.
- It offers a contrast ratio of 500: 1 so you can enjoy the realistic image with rich colors. You may have seen screens that do not resist sunlight and disrupt the brightness of your device.
- It has a function that automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen according to the different lighting conditions.
- The portable USB monitor is also equipped with ASUS Ezlink technology. ASUS Ezlink technology helps your laptop to drive five MB168B monitors at a time when connected. Another great thing I discovered about Ezlink technology is that when the MB168B + disconnects, it automatically restores the rotation of the application window and helps to rotate the image automatically between portrait modes
- It can be easily mount on wall with ‘velcro strips’.
- One of the most interesting aspects of the ASUS MB168B + portable monitor is that it is not necessary to use separate cables for power and data transmission. The ASUS MB168 + portable screen allows you to use the same cable for both applications. The portable screen comes with a USB 2.0 port.
2. GAEMS M155: Best PS4 Portable Monitor
If you are looking for gaming portable monitor under a good budget then this Gaems M155 would be ideal. It is USB powered with HD display resolution.
It just not limited to PS4 or Xbox but you can also connect yor PC/Laptop aswell.
- It has 15.5″ screen which is big enough for gaming.
- The HD (1920 x 1080) screen resolution e-led display visual lag-free visuals.
- It has hinged Anti-Slip rubber feet on the back of the monitor.
- The monitor can be mount easily with Camera screw socket
- It displays a cheerful image with crusty details of every inch.
- The response time is great which removes ghosting and smearing in fast-paced content.
- It comes with a zippered neoprene sleeve a protective case,
- There’s a headphones jack to connect your favourit headphones.
- The built-in speakers produce great sounds.
- an HDMI port, and a single USB port.
3. ViewSonic TD2230 Best Touch Screen Portable Monitor (Recommended)
Whether your priority is entertainment or work, you can count on ViewSonic's 22-inch IPS Touchscreen IPS LED Monitor.
Featuring an edge-to-edge glass facade and an ultra-slim frame, it offers full HD resolution for a wraparound display and MVA technology that delivers excellent image quality at any viewing angle.
The frameless glass facade from one end to the other with the ultra-thin frame is extremely durable and has an elegant style that harmonizes with any home office
Convenient VESA-compliant support allowing you to easily install the monitor as you see fit
- Full HD 1080p resolution with crisp, bright images and crisp detail to bring your content to life, whether it’s playing, working or listening to movies
- It offers a stunning video viewing experience for video and photo viewing, web surfing, gaming and more.
- With an integrated Eco-mode star certification and power-saving energy, this energy-efficient display has a lower total cost of ownership.
- SuperClear IPS display technology with a very wide viewing angle of 178 ° that allows you to enjoy the same image quality with vivid colors and constant lighting levels, regardless of the point of view.
- Anti-flicker technology and blue light filter minimizes flicker on the screen and helps reduce eye strain so you can enjoy longer viewing sessions
- Versatile connectivity includes a DisplayPort port, an HDMI port, a DVI port, and a VGA input for you to connect the monitor to a variety of devices, such as a notebook, desktop, game console, player Blu-ray and more.
4. Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 Portable USB LED Monitor
Lenovo enters its ThinkVision LT1421 monitor into the emergence of mobile solutions to boost employee productivity while on the road.
- This ultra thin TN display has a microUSB interface that is enough to ensure full operation without the need for AC power.
- The built-in leg on the back of the chassis serves as a rack and tilts generously on the vertical axis: 12 degrees forward and 40 back.
- the matt coating of the TFT panel limiting unwanted reflections, maximizes viewing angles.
5. GeChic 1503A Best Touch Screen Monitor
- Display Size: 15.6-inch
- Resolution: 1366×768
- Panel Type: IPS
- Response Time: 8ms
- Refresh Rate (Hz): 60Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 15 in x 9.6 in x 0.4 in
- Weight: 28.6 oz
- No of USB Ports: 1
- Contrast Ratio: 500:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Brightness 200: cd/m²
The best highly recommended computer screen is Gechic 1503A On-Lap. As a portable monitor, the Gechic 1503A is an extremely extravagant and efficient device that is fully equipped and offers a fully functional multi-touch feel.
Depending on the choice and mode of use, it can be any of your own conveniences such as a fully optional desktop, a standard Intel computer, a mini PC or even a famous Raspberry Pi.
The panel of the screen is equipped with a solid screen protection cover which allows safe and fine use of the display screens of the monitor.
Its thickness is about 12 mm and its weight is about 1 kg.
- With a refresh rate of 60Hz, you can play the game with absolutely no lag on your laptop screen.
- The wide viewing angle of 178 degrees allows two or more people to view the screen without distortion of the screen or bleeding of colors.
- The main feature it provides you is 10-multipoint input support, the monitor is able to be supported as a plug and play with any modern or newer PC system Raspbian Jessie equipped with computers Pixel desktop.
- Built-in speakers tend to change the use of external speakers for use with this monitor.
- The vibrant 16.7 million colors set on this portable monitor makes it perfect for displaying bright & colorful images.
- A hardcover for the monitor is provided to withstand rough handling or use.
- The basic use of a single USB port with your source or computer gives us enough power for the multi-touch screen of a machine connected to the source.
- With a resolution of about 1080p and a unique 10-point capacities multi-touch quality. Pro-level HDMI & VGA ports are available in this interface, which provides a user-friendly interface for operations. Basic USB-C power and a standard data port are there for your installation.
- The standard 1503A monitor comes with a set that includes a standard adapter cable for the HDMI port, a 2-amp USB power plug, and a dual USB port for multi-touch support.
- Display Size: 13.3-inch
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Panel Type: IPS
- Response Time: 16ms
- Refresh Rate (Hz): 60Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 14.9 in x 0.3 in x 9.3 in
- Weight: 28.22 oz
- No of USB Ports: 1
- Contrast Ratio: 700:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Brightness 200: cd/m²
- I have tested it on different gaming console and found it perfect
- It has ultra wide 13.3 IPS screen with HD 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and easily connect with multi devices (PS3, PS4, xbox360/one, Raspberry Pi, windows & Mac) and display crystal clear video and images.
- It has a 178-degree viewing angle gives you an outstanding color image at any angle.
- It displays video from HD streaming services game consoles and gives a calm video enjoyment.
- It is USB powered monitor using a USB Type-C port to power the monitor and transmits data from Laptop/Gaming console.
- It’s a multi-way powered, you can also connect the power bank, power adapter and several another charging way to power the monitor.
- It comes with a metal rack that holds your monitor, through which you can easily fit the viewing angle accordingly.
- It comes with a built-in high-quality loudspeakers.
- It has 2x HDMI Inputs (Mini & Standard) used to connect other digital devices easily.
- It has audio jeck to connect external audio speaker
7. AOC I1659FWUX Portable External Monitor For Laptop
The AOC portable monitor is lightweight ( 824-gram ) 16-inch (technically 15.6) variant that uses the USB Type-C connection for both power and video signal. The monitor is designed to be easy to use on the go in a slim and lightweight way.
The monitor is ready for all your needs - meetings, presentations, and product screenings are also great for movies and games.
Also Read: 10 Best 1440P Monitors
- The piano-black glossy monitor have a 15.6-inch display with a 700: 1 contrast ratio , 5ms response time, and Full HD resolution at 60Hz .
- The IPS panel provides a wide viewing angle and a better color integrity than TN panels
- It comes with a foldable flexible stand for maximum efficiency.
- The USB-C monitor also uses AOC’s LowBlue Mode. The monitor reduces the harmful blue light by controlling the color temperature while maintaining vivid colors through software.
- The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 delivers impressive data transmission and stunning image quality with an impressive bandwidth of 5 GB, while also providing electricity to the monitor.
- You can place it vertically or horizontally with the fold-able foot, and it’s ready! Installation has never been easier, just plug and play the device.
- The widescreen monitor can receive power and signal from a single USB-C cable for plug-and-play connection . This means that it does not require a separate power cable or VGA cable.
- It uses USB 3.0 which is faster connection and high transfer rate as compare to the older version of USB
8. Electric Magic Ultra Slim Best Portable Monitor For Games
The Electric Magic is a trusted brand, This modal of portable monitor espically designed for gaming. It support PS4/PS3/PS2/xboxone/xbox360,support laptop external extension use, it is also use as outdoor portable monitors in industries for handling different software application.
- The gaming performance is great, you we never feel any lag during fast gameplay.
- The color is accurate anc crispy,
- It has 2560×1440 pixel resolution, display stunning & realistic images and video
Its response time is 2ms which is great for games, you can enjoy gaming with lag input.
It has a built-in speaker produce great sound.
- It support dual Mini HDMI interface for connecting different devices
- Its a USB powered monitor also you can charged it with power supply which is included in the package.
- The game consoles (PS4/PS3/PS2/xboxone/xbox360,) easily connected
- It has audio input & output port, so you can easily connect you ear phone, external speakers as well.[
9. HP Elite G8R65AA LED-Lit Monitor
HP Elite S140u is an excellent choice as an additional mobile screen for your tablet or laptop.
It creates almost anywhere a dual-screen mobile work-space with the HP EliteDisplay USB Elite Laptop Monitor, an ultra-compact and incredibly flat high-resolution display protected by a wraparound cover.
Flip it back to add a second screen to your Windows tablet or laptop to connect with a USB cable.
- Fast & Reliable
- Connect the 1600 x 900 high-resolution display to a laptop or tablet for a dual-screen setup, no matter where you work, or make a big impression with mirror mode.
- The USB interface serves as a signal and power source.
10. Lilliput – UM70 Cheapest Portable Monitor
Lilliput UM70 USB Display is an ideal secondary portable monitor without the need for an additional graphics card or power supply, a single USB cable can do it all. You get a high resolution instant secondary screen for your MSN / Skype, Twitter, gadgets, game tools, email, table, PhotoShop tools, or even video.
The way the Lilliput UM70 USB mini monitor works is very simple. After installing the appropriate software, simply click and drag the application window through your main screen and the display is done on the mini monitor.
It is fun and also very useful to have small applications (iTunes, MSN / Skype, etc.) running on a small screen next to the main screen.
In addition, the additional monitor will not affect the performance of your computer. After all, it's a USB device with its own built-in graphics card, so it does not pull CPU, GPU or RAM computing power to keep running.
- Mini monitor works with a USB power supply, it serves as an extra screen where and when you need it.
No additional power needed, the mini monitor is powered by two USB ports
- No additional video card needed because the Lilliput USB display has its own video card that works with a USB 2.0 power supply
- Rotating view: portrait or landscape, vertical: for notes and tables of calculation and horizontal: to watch a film.
- An extra mini display perfect for installing gadgets, Windows Chat, and other software.
- Compatible with some Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later (Intel CPU only), Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
The Design of portable monitor should be eye catching , elegant & robust.
Ther performance can be measured just by using the portable monitor, so you can check performance just by reading the verified buyer's reviews.
We assume that if you need a portable screen, you are not necessarily editing full-time, high-definition RAW photos. Portable usually means something temporary, and with that said, you can sacrifice some resolution.
There are no 4k screens yet, but many offer full HD resolution and excellent color clarity to give you space while traveling or doing this presentation in your boss's office.
Apart from resolution, you should also check the brightness & contrast ratio of the monitor, and pick that which provide you the highest.
The overall highest resolution portable monitor is Electric Magic Ultra Slim
How ready are you to move? When the screen is off, it may seem very practical to have an 11.6-inch screen, but if you plan to work with a lot of documentation, you may regret being so small when you can not read the text.
On the other hand, if you need to run a single dedicated application on a side window, you may not need 24 inches of full-screen space.
If you want a portable monitor for travel, then it should be lightweight & fit in your laptop or travel bag.
Think about what you're going to do with this portable screen and make realistic choices about its size. The smaller the size, the portability will be great, the larger the size, the greater viewing is comfortable. Choose wisely...!
Dimension of Monitor
The dimensions shown refer to the diagonal of the image in inches.
The dimension of the portable monitor means its, Width, Depth and Height (WxDxH) e.g. 16.7" W x 11" D x 3.5" H.
Weight and Thickness
As you know the portable monitor is made to easily carry around so its weight should be light. Make sure that it is lightweight before picking the portable monitor.
When we talked about weight the thickness of portable monitor also comes under it, It should be thin and can fit in your travel or laptop bag.
Portable USB Monitor
Most portable monitor for computer/laptop is designed to connect & powered easily with USB-C connectivity, That’s why it is also called the USB Powered Monitor. It removed the need for plugging them into a power source and save power as well.
Also Read: What is HDR Gaming
Stand & Smart Cover
The portable monitor usually come with a smart fold-able cover and can be used as a stand for the monitor. It protects your screen from damages (dust & scratch). It can also use to hold up the monitor in both portrait and landscape placement.
Some monitor comes with a kickback stand which is used to automatically set the screen modes (portrait & landscape) by using the software. The screen senses the orientation and shifts the display accordingly.
Make sure the monitor have the stand & smart cover included in the package.
The portable monitors are normally turn-on via USB cable, that’s why it is also called USB powered monitors. It is connected via a single cable and stress-free connections.
If you looking for a gaming console portable monitor or want to connect medical-industrial or any other digital devices then choose the one which has HDMI, VGA display port audio input-output, etc.
You will want to check the compatibility of your monitor thoroughly. Portable monitors sacrifice all ports in the name of simplicity, and some simply do not connect as you wish.
Make sure the monitor you choose is compatible with your laptop or system, including resolution and color clarity.
Some works with PC Laptop Mac Window, Linux and other works with gaming console PS4 Xbox
Now a day, the Asus is trending in the market of the portable monitor. we have listed many other brands like Viewsonic, HP GeChic AOC, and few others. These are reliable and trustworthy brands, and we have any fear of loss, once we choose the top brand for the portable monitor.
Why Choose Portable Monitor?
The Portable Monitors have USB ports beside with the input and output which standard monitor have, with this expand-ability feature you can easily multiply your workplace. You can easily connect many monitors without purchasing and installing extra hardware.
As the name indicates, the portable monitor is easy carrying Easy or relocate. They are lightweight, thin, slim and compact. You can move them with your laptop and tables.
The small the screen size the easy portability will be. The smart cover also helps to keep it secure during carrying from one place to another.
As we discussed above, the portable monitor comes with smart cover and stand, the same will discuss here.
You choose the monitor that can easily set on your work-space and adjust according to the required angle.
The clever design of the Laptop portable monitor can adjust the viewing angle, height, portrait landscape easily, and you don’t need to purchase a separate stand or docks for them.
The Monitor is connected via USB cable so it didn’t take high voltage power. It consumes the power from the laptop/computer. It excludes the extra power sources and power cables and diminishes your electricity cost.
How to Connect a Portable Monitor? Video Tutorial
Best Portable Monitor For Laptop | FAQs
Final Words: Which one to Select
ASUS MB16AC is an interesting portable monitor for those who travel a lot and work behind a laptop in different environments. It is light, thin, and therefore transported without problems in one case with a laptop. The standard case is universal, it can be used both for protection and as a stand.
You can carry a portable screen in a bag without a partition. The monitor and laptop at the same time will not rub and scratch each other.
When used without a cover, the hole allows you to set the screen at the desired angle. The handle is not as convenient as a full-fledged stand, but it is light, compact, and copes with basic requirements. You can use a portable monitor with it in a vertical and horizontal position.