If you are looking for a Best Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing, color correction, and color grading, here is the selection of the best video editing monitors to buy by category and price range, for both professional and entry-level use.
In a video editing monitor, we generally look for high resolution, good coverage of professional color gamuts, comfortable size, and color fidelity.
When you use programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut, or any other program for graphics and color correction, you need enough space to be able to organize all the windows and the various projects, so we recommend you choose a size of 27 or 32 inches.
Generally, it would be recommended to get an IPS display with good viewing angles and good coverage at least of the Adobe RGB range, or in the more entry-level models of 100% of the sRGB range.
Best Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing 2022
A video editing monitor must also have a good resolution based on the screen size. We recommend purchasing a 4k monitor from 27 inches upwards, in order to access a sharper image definition than a Full HD monitor.
For these reasons, unfortunately, very cheap monitors are not recommended for video editing and professional use, which is why in our ranking we have selected models in a price range that starts from $ 300 and goes up to above $ 4,000.
We will start with the professional 4k video editing monitors and then finish with the entry-level displays that we recommend to amateurs. In our buying guide, you will surely find a model that is right for you in terms of quality, price, features, and dimensions.
Best Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing | Comparison Table 2022
|ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” HDR Gaming Monitor 4K (3840 x 2160) IPS FreeSync Eye Care DisplayPort Dual HDMI HDR 10,BLACK||ASUS||Check Price|
|Philips Computer Monitors 276E8VJSB 27" Monitor, 4K UHD IPS, 1 Billion+ Colors, Ultranarrow Borders, Lowblue, Multiview, 4Yr Advance Replacement Warranty||Philips Computer Monitors||Check Price|
|BenQ PD2700U 27 inch 4K Monitor for Designers 3840x2160 UHD IPS panel with AQCOLOR 100% Rec.709, sRGB; Factory-calibrated; DualView, Eye-care, Anti-Glare, Gray||BenQ||Check Price|
|ASUS VP28UQG 28" Monitor 4K/UHD 3840x2160 1ms DP HDMI Adaptive Sync/FreeSync Eye Care Monitor , Black||ASUS||Check Price|
|SAMSUNG M7 Series 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Smart Monitor & Streaming TV (Tuner-Free), Netflix, HBO, Prime Video, & more, Apple Airplay, Bluetooth, Built-in Speakers, Remote Included (LS32AM702UNXZA)||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
|BenQ EL2870U 28 inch 4K Monitor for Gaming 1ms Response Time, FreeSync, HDR, eye-care, speakers||BenQ||Check Price|
|Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD, VA Ultra-Thin Bezel Monitor, AMD FreeSync, HDMI, DisplayPort, Built in Speakers, VESA Certified, Silver||Dell||Check Price|
|SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Computer Monitor, HDMI, Display Port, Eye Saver Mode, VESA Compatible, FreeSync (LU28E570DS/ZA)||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
|SAMSUNG UR59 Series 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Computer Monitor, Curved, HDMI, Display Port, 3-sided border-less, Eye Saver Mode (LU32R590CWNXZA)||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
9+ Best Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing | Products Overview 2022
1. ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing
- 28-inch 4K (3840x2160) IPS DCI-P3 grade gaming monitor for stunning crisp and detailed visuals
- Compatible with industry-standard HDR10 high dynamic range for color and brightness levels that exceed the capabilities of ordinary monitors
- AMD FreeSync technology to eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates (supports both Adaptive-sync with AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards)
- Shadow Boost technology enhances image details in dark areas brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas
- Flexible connectivity with DisplayPort 1 2 and HDMI (v2 0) x2 and features an ergonomically designed stand with swivel tilt pivot and height adjustments
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” Gaming Monitor is a great choice for gamers looking for stunning visuals and a smooth gaming experience. This 4K (3840×2160) IPS display features a DCI-P3 grade color space and is compatible with industry-standard HDR10 high dynamic range. This ensures a bright, vibrant, and detailed visual experience, even in dark areas. With AMD FreeSync technology, gamers can enjoy tear-free gaming, eliminating choppy frame rates and screen tears.
The ergonomically designed stand offers a variety of adjustable settings, including swivel, tilt, pivot, and height. This ensures a comfortable user experience while gaming. The flexible connectivity options include DisplayPort 1 2 and HDMI (v2 0) x2. These make it easy to connect to various devices to enjoy the ultimate gaming experience. The TUF Gaming VG289Q is perfect for any gaming setup, whether it be for e-sports or for leisure gaming.
Overall, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” Gaming Monitor is an excellent choice for gamers who are looking for a 4K gaming experience. With the combination of 4K visuals, HDR10, AMD FreeSync technology and an ergonomically designed stand, this monitor provides the ultimate gaming experience. Whether it be for e-sports or leisure gaming, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28” Gaming Monitor is sure to get the job done.
- Large 28-inch 4K resolution display provides stunning visuals with crisp and detailed images.
- Compatible with industry-standard HDR10 for high dynamic range, providing greater color and brightness levels.
- AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
- Shadow Boost technology enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas.
- Ergonomically designed stand with swivel, tilt, pivot, and height adjustments for comfortable viewing.
- May be expensive for some users.
- Does not have a built-in speaker.
- The response time of the monitor is not mentioned.
Also read: Best Monitor For Video Editing in 2022
2. Philips Computer Monitors 276E8VJSB
- Philips e-line 27 Led monitor with ultra clear 4K UHD (3840x2160) resolution with 10-bit IPS panel producing 1.074 billion colors for smooth color gradations and detail
- Elegant, slim design with narrow Border Display for a seamless appearance
- Multiview enables active Dual connect and view at same time
- Displayport 1.2, HDMI 2.0 (x2) inputs with HDMI audio-out for convenience
- Peace OF mind: Philips Monitors come with 4-year advance replacement warranty in the United States, minimizing downtime
- Less eye fatigue with flicker-free technology with low Blue mode for Easy on-the-eyes productivity
- Tcg Certified, energystar 7.0 with 100% recyclable packaging materials
The Philips 276E8VJSB 27" Monitor is a high-performance display designed for power users and gamers. Featuring an ultra-clear 4K UHD resolution of 3840x2160 with a 10-bit IPS panel, the monitor supports 1.074 billion colors for smooth color gradations and detail. The display has an impressive 178° viewing angle and a bright 350 cd/m2 rating.
The Philips 276E8VJSB Monitor has an elegant, slim design with ultranarrow borders for a sleek and seamless appearance. Multiview enables active dual connection and view at the same time, while the DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 (x2) inputs with HDMI audio-out ensure convenience. It also features tilt adjustment, a blue light filter, and flicker-free technology for added comfort.
For added peace of mind, Philips monitors come with a 4-year advance replacement warranty in the United States, minimizing downtime. Whether it is for gaming, entertainment, or professional applications, the Philips 276E8VJSB 27" Monitor is a perfect choice. With its high performance and reliable quality, it is sure to meet all your needs and exceed your expectations.
- Ultra clear 4K UHD resolution with 10-bit IPS panel producing 1.074 billion colors for smooth color gradations and detail.
- Elegant, slim design with a narrow Border Display for a seamless appearance.
- The multiview feature enables active Dual to connect and view at the same time.
- Displayport 1.2, HDMI 2.0 (x2) inputs with HDMI audio-out for convenience.
- Comes with a 4-Year Advance Replacement Warranty in the United States, minimizing downtime.
- The refresh rate is 60Hz, which may not be sufficient for fast-paced gaming or video editing.
- May not be compatible with older computers or devices that do not support 4K resolution.
- The price may be higher compared to other monitors with similar specifications.
3. BenQ PD2700U 27 inch Best 4k Monitor For Video Editing
- SEE MORE 27 inch 4K IPS HDR monitor w/wide viewing angles 60Hz
- EXPERIENCE MORE HDR10 support lets you preview video content in HDR during editing for better faster results. Brightness - 350 cd/㎡. Response Time - 5ms(GtG). Refresh Rate - 60Hz. Aspect Ratio - 16:9
- DO MORE improve workflow with CAD/CAM Darkroom Animation and DualView custom view modes PIP/PBP picture in picture/picture by picture
- CREATE MORE access more than a billion colors through 10 bit tech PD2700U covers 100%sRGB and Rec. 709 and has Delta E ≤ 3
- SURPRISE FREE every PD2700U comes pre calibrated with its unique calibration report is Pantone Validated and Verified by CalMAN
- Connectivity technology: hdmi
- 60 hertz
The BenQ PD2700U 27 Inch 4K UHD IPS Factory Calibrated Computer Monitor for Designers is the perfect solution for professional work. The anti-glare monitor features exclusive AQCOLOR technology that reproduces accurate colors on professional monitors, allowing you to work with colors you can trust. It is also Pantone-validated and CalMan-verified for optimal color accuracy. Additionally, this monitor offers convenient features such as Eye-Care tech which reduces eye fatigue for comfort and productivity, a KVM switch which allows you to control two systems with one monitor, and Daisy Chain which allows you to connect your computer/laptop to create a multi-monitor setup.
The design of the monitor is also highly ergonomic. You can easily customize your workspace to fit what best works for you. It allows you to tilt, pivot, swivel, and adjust the height of the monitor for optimal comfort. You can also experience color as nature intended with BenQ AQCOLOR on PD2700U. The HDR monitor with HDR10 support covers 100% sRGB and Rec. 709 to create stunning photo and video content and design. Enjoy improved workflow and results by using CAD/CAM, Animation, Darkroom, and DualView modes.
The BenQ PD2700U 27 Inch 4K UHD IPS Factory Calibrated Computer Monitor for Designers is the perfect solution for professional work with its exclusive AQCOLOR technology, Eye-Care tech, KVM switch, and Daisy Chain technology. With its ergonomic design, you can also customize your workspace for comfort. And with its HDR monitor with HDR10 support, you can experience color as nature intended. The BenQ PD2700U monitor is the perfect choice for any professional.
- The 27-inch 4K UHD IPS anti-glare monitor features CalMan-verified and Pantone-validated technology for color accuracy.
- AQCOLOR Technology reproduces accurate colors on professional monitors, making it ideal for content creation and design.
- Eye-care technology reduces eye fatigue for optimal comfort and productivity.
- KVM Switch and Daisy Chain connectivity allows for a more efficient and organized workspace.
- Ergonomic design allows for easy customization of the monitor for optimal comfort.
- The monitor may be expensive for some consumers.
- It may require a powerful computer to run at 4K resolution.
- The monitor does not support a VESA mount, which may be a limitation for some users.
4. ASUS VP28UQG 28"Best budget monitor for video editing
- 28 inches 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) with 1ms response time and Adaptive Sync/AMD Free Sync for immersive, crisp visuals featuring Display Port and dual HDMI connectivity; Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V)
- ASUS Eye Care technology lowers blue light and eliminates flickering to reduce eyestrain and ailments. Display colors is 1073.7 M 10 bit and maximum contrast ratio is 1000 : 1. It can allow a Adaptive Sync/Free Sync supported graphics source to dynamically adjust display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates for power efficient, virtually stutter free and low latency display update
- 5 Way OSD joystick delivers intuitive monitor controls so you can access features such as ASUS Game Plus on the fly. Digital signal frequency for display port is 120 to 120 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical. Hdmi signal frequency is 24 to 99 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical
- Compliance and Standards EAC logo, Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, FCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO7.0, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker free , TUV Low Blue Light
- Exclusive Game Plus and Game Visual settings enhance color performance and control. ASUS Rapid Replacement 3 years warranty service with free cross shipping; Tilt : -5 degree ~+20 degree.Brightness(Max) : 300 cd/?
The ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K/UHD monitor is an impressive display device that features a 3840x2160 resolution and a 1ms response time. With a refresh rate of 60 Hz, this monitor is perfect for gaming and other activities that require a high-performance setup. The ASUS Eye Care technology includes a blue light filter and flicker-free technology to reduce eyestrain and ailments, making it ideal for people who spend long hours in front of a computer.
The monitor also features ASUS' exclusive Game Plus and Game Visual settings, which offer enhanced color performance and control. The 5-way OSD joystick allows users to access the ASUS Game Plus on the fly. The display also supports Adaptive Sync/AMD FreeSync, allowing users to adjust their display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates, providing a virtually stutter-free and low-latency display update.
The ASUS VP28UQG is also compliant with a range of standards and regulations, including Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, FCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO7.0, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker-free, and TUV Low Blue Light. It's also backed by ASUS' Rapid Replacement 3-year warranty service, so users can be sure of their purchase. With its impressive performance, intuitive controls, and compliance with multiple standards, the ASUS VP28UQG is an ideal monitor for people who demand the best in their setup.
- The ASUS VP28UQG has a large 28-inch 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution display with a fast 1ms response time.
- It features Adaptive Sync/AMD FreeSync technology for immersive and crisp visuals.
- The monitor includes ASUS Eye Care technology to lower blue light and eliminate flickering, reducing eye strain and other ailments.
- It has an intuitive 5-way OSD joystick for easy access to features like ASUS Game Plus.
- The monitor comes with a 3-year Rapid Replacement warranty service.
- The refresh rate is only 60 Hz, which may be a limitation for some users.
- The monitor only supports a tilt adjustment, lacking more advanced ergonomic options like height or swivel adjustments.
- The monitor doesn’t have USB-C ports.
Also read: Best 4k Monitor For Macbook Pro
5. SAMSUNG M7 Series
- MOBILE CONNECTIVITY: Wireless DeX unlocks a full PC experience, without any PC. Use mobile productivity apps, such as video conferencing, documents, and browsers, through just your monitor and phone
- SMART HUB: Binge watching got even easier. Access a bunch of entertainment apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, and HBO
- REMOTE ACCESS: Work seamlessly from anywhere. Boost your productivity with Remote Access features
- ADAPTIVE PICTURE: Sensational picture, day or night. Surrounding light is detected by a sensor to adjust brightness automatically with Adaptive Picture
- ULTRAWIDE GAME VIEW: Keep your eye on the win. Adjust your screen to 21:9
- UHD RESOLUTION: Astonishing picture quality for work and play
- USB TYPE-C PORT: Enables you to power up, transmit data, and even send display signals between devices
- AUTOMATIC SOURCE SWITCH PLUS: Your monitor detects newly connected devices as soon theyre plugged in
This Samsung 32" M7 Smart Monitor & Streaming TV is designed to provide a user-friendly experience with a wide range of features. This monitor is capable of 4K UHD resolution and comes with Adaptive Picture technology to ensure optimal viewing in any light. It also has Ultrawide Game View, an innovative feature that helps gamers to spot hidden areas in gaming scenes with wider angles of view. Additionally, this monitor comes with AirPlay 2 integration, which allows you to use Apple devices to project movies, music, photos, and other media onto the big screen.
When it comes to streaming, this monitor has plenty of options. With the Smart Hub, you can access a wide range of entertainment apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, and HBO, without needing to power up your laptop. Additionally, Microsoft Office 365 is installed on the monitor, allowing you to do work without needing a PC. Moreover, the Wireless DeX allows you to access a full PC experience from your smart monitor and phone.
The Samsung 32" M7 Smart Monitor & Streaming TV is a great choice for those who want a feature-rich experience. With its 4K UHD resolution, Adaptive Picture, Ultrawide Game View, and AirPlay 2 integration, this monitor is perfect not only for entertainment but also for productivity. And with its Smart Hub, Microsoft Office 365, and Wireless DeX, you can access an array of options without needing to power up your laptop.
- Mobile Connectivity: The monitor has wireless DeX functionality which allows for a full PC experience without the need for a computer.
- Smart Hub: The monitor has access to a variety of entertainment apps such as Netflix and HBO, which can be accessed without switching on a PC or laptop.
- PC on Screen: The monitor has Microsoft Office 365 installed, allowing users to get work done without a PC.
- Adaptive Picture: The monitor has a sensor that detects surrounding light to automatically adjust brightness with Adaptive Picture.
- Ultrawide Game View: Gamers can adjust the screen to 21:9 and discover hidden areas in gaming scenes with Ultrawide Game View.
- Poor factory picture settings: According to the review, the factory picture settings were very poor and required tweaking to achieve optimal picture quality.
- Poor reviews on Amazon: The monitor has poor reviews on Amazon, which may deter some potential buyers.
- No Apply picture settings or Picture Clarity settings: The monitor does not have these settings which limits the fine-tuning of the picture quality.
Also read: Best Budget Ultrawide Monitor
6. BenQ EL2870U 28 inch Best 4k Monitor For Video Editing
- High resolution 4K monitor: 28-inch LCD TN 3840x2160 resolution
- Eye Care comfort for extended sessions: Proprietary brightness Intelligence Adaptive technology adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing; low Blue light and zero flicker technology prevent headaches and eye strain. This eye Tech makes images easy On your eyes
- Smooth game play: AMD Free Sync for smooth game play, eliminating tearing and broken frames; HDR technology offers greater brightness and contrast level for vivid images; 1 mms GTG; 60Hz; 10-bit displays 1. 07 billion colors
- Get connected: HDMI, DisplayPort input for multi-device connection. VESA wall mount
- Hear the action: built-in speakers x 2, Headphone jack
- Integrated cable management system: neatly hides cables inside monitor stand; VESA wall mount
- Connectivity Technology: Hdmi 2
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The BenQ EL2870U is an excellent choice for PC gamers. This 28-inch 4K UHD TN gaming monitor boasts a 1ms MPRT response rate, AMD FreeSync technology, HDR color technology, and BenQ’s exclusive Eye-Care technology.
The EL2870U is designed to deliver smooth, lag-free gaming. With AMD FreeSync, gamers can enjoy a tear-free gaming experience. The 1ms MPRT response rate ensures that players can keep up with the action and never miss a beat. HDR color technology enhances brightness and contrast to bring out realistic details during game play. BenQ’s Eye-Care technology helps reduce eye fatigue, allowing gamers to game for extended periods of time.
The EL2870U includes Brightness Intelligence Technology which optimizes display performance for work and play. The built-in speakers free up desk space while delivering premium audio. Finally, the EL2870U features a simple hotkey switch between four HDR and B.I.+ modes, allowing gamers to find the perfect balance between maximum contrast and vibrancy. The BenQ EL2870U is the perfect choice for gamers looking for an immersive and lag-free gaming experience.
- 28-inch 4K UHD resolution provides a high-quality, detailed image
- 1ms MPRT response rate ensures smooth gameplay without lag
- AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering
- Eye-care technology reduces eye fatigue for extended use
- Built-in speakers save desk space and provide premium audio
- 60 Hz refresh rate may not be high enough for some gamers
- TN panel may not have the same color accuracy as an IPS or VA panel
- Some users may find the brightness intelligence technology to be too aggressive
Also read: Best Monitor For Eye Strain
7. Dell S3221QS Best Monitor For Gaming
- The three-sided ultrathin bezel design in 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution lets you enjoy immersive viewing in incredible clarity and fine detail with 4 times the resolution of Full HD
- Be in the action: The curved 1800R screen expands your field of vision and provides a wrap-around view for an immersive movie experience.
- Easy on the eyes: This TÜV-certified monitor has a flicker-free screen with ComfortView, a feature that reduces harmful blue light emissions and optimizes eye comfort.
- Adjust to your comfort: Pivot, tilt, swivel and adjust the height of your monitor for a comfortable setup all day long. Or choose from a variety of mounts and stands, including VESA, for even more flexibility.
The Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD monitor is a top-of-the-line monitor featuring an Ultra-Thin Bezel design, AMD FreeSync, and Built-in Speakers. The curved 1800R screen provides an immersive viewing experience with its 3840 x 2160 resolution and 4 times the resolution of Full HD. This monitor also has a TÜV-certified screen with ComfortView, reducing harmful blue light emissions and optimizing eye comfort. You can adjust the height, tilt, swivel, and pivot of the monitor for a comfortable setup all day, or you can choose from a variety of mounts and stands, including VESA, for even more flexibility.
The built-in speakers provide an enhanced sound experience and the included HDMI, DisplayPort, and VESA certifications make this monitor compatible with a variety of devices. Plus, the monitor also has AMD FreeSync technology that allows users to enjoy smooth visuals and lag-free gameplay. You can also customize settings to get the most out of your monitor, including brightness and contrast, to ensure you get the best viewing experience.
For power users, the Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD monitor is a great choice. It features a sleek design with a three-sided ultra-thin bezel that provides an immersive viewing experience. With its adjustable height, tilt, swivel, and pivot settings, it can be tailored to your specific needs. Plus, its AMD FreeSync technology ensures smooth visuals and lag-free gameplay. With its impressive features, the Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD monitor is a great choice for those who want a top-of-the-line monitor.
- 4K UHD resolution provides an immersive viewing experience with incredible clarity and fine detail.
- The curved 1800R screen expands your field of vision and provides a wrap-around view for an immersive movie experience.
- The TÜV-certified monitor has a flicker-free screen with ComfortView, which reduces harmful blue light emissions and optimizes eye comfort.
- The adjustable stand allows for comfortable viewing with pivot, tilt, swivel, and height adjustments.
- Compatible with a variety of mounts and stands, including VESA, for even more flexibility.
- Only a 60 Hz refresh rate, which may not be sufficient for some gamers.
- Only 6 left in stock, which means it may be hard to find.
- The image of the monitor may not match the actual product as it is from Amazon’s third-party sellers
Also read: Best Monitor For Photo Editing Under $500
8. SAMSUNG UE57 Series best Curved monitor 2022
- STUNNING 4K UHD RESOLUTION (3840 x 2160) and incredible 1 billion colors delivers lifelike details and extra clarity
- Optimized for home office usage with a powerful split screen function like Picture-by-Picture and Samsungs easy setting box software.
- Minimize eye strain during long working hours with Flicker free and eye saver mode reducing blue light emissions.
- AMD FREESYNC and 1ms response time enables smoother game experience
- CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES like laptop, PC, desktop computer, mac and macbook pro ; Compatible with Xbox and PS4
- Optimized for homeschool, home office, work from home, business and casual gaming
- METALLIC STAND for sleek design. Power consumption (stand-by) - 0.45W
- 60 hertz
The SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Computer Monitor is an ideal choice for those looking to take their home office setup to the next level. This monitor features a stunning 4K UHD resolution with a million colors for incredible details, clarity, and lifelike visuals. The powerful split screen function makes it easy to multitask and stay productive with Picture-by-Picture and Samsung's easy setting box software. The monitor also features Flicker-free and Eye saver modes to minimize eye strain while working long hours.
For gamers, the monitor includes AMD FreeSync and a 1ms response time which enables a smoother gaming experience. The monitor is also compatible with multiple devices such as a laptop, PC, desktop computer, Mac, and Macbook Pro, as well as Xbox and PS4. Additionally, its sleek metallic stand ensures an aesthetically pleasing and space-saving design. The monitor is also optimized for homeschooling, home office, work-from-home, business, and casual gaming. Finally, its low power consumption of only 0.45W standby mode is energy-efficient.
All in all, the SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Computer Monitor is an ideal choice for those looking for a powerful monitor for their home office setup. It offers stunning visuals, a powerful split screen, and energy-efficient features as well is optimized for gaming and homeschooling. With these features, the monitor is sure to enhance any home office setup.
- Stunning 4K UHD resolution with 1 billion colors for lifelike details and extra clarity.
- Optimized for home office usage with a powerful split screen function and easy setting box software.
- Minimizes eye strain with Flicker-free and eye-saver mode reducing blue light emissions.
- AMD FreeSync and 1ms response time for a smoother gaming experience.
- Can connect multiple devices such as laptops, PCs, and gaming consoles.
- Currently unavailable, so it is not possible to purchase this monitor.
- The stand is metallic, which may not be to everyone’s taste.
- The refresh rate is only 60Hz which may not be suitable for competitive gamers.
Also read: Best Gaming Monitor Under$ 500
9. SAMSUNG UR59 Series
- 32 inch curved 4k monitor with an industry-leading 1500R curvature delivers an immersive and comfortable viewing experience.
- CES 2019 INNOVATION Award Winner
- Minimize eye strain during long working hours with Flicker free and eye saver mode reducing blue light emissions.
- Widescreen monitor provides the enhanced productivity thru split screen functions like Picture-by-Picture (PBP), letting you connect to two devices while maintaining their original quality. Stand Type: Simple
- INCREDIBLY VIBRANT AND DARKER BLACKS with 1 billion colors, 2500:1 contrast ratio and multiple game mode support.
- CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES like laptop, PC, desktop computer, mac and macbook pro ; Compatible with Xbox and PS4
- Optimized for homeschool, home office, work from home, business and casual gaming
- 60 hertz
The Samsung UR59 Series 32-Inch ViewFinity 4K UHD (3840x2160) Computer Monitor is a revolutionary curved monitor with a 3-sided borderless design and Eye Saver Mode that is perfect for both work and gaming. Featuring a stunning 4K UHD display, this monitor has four times the pixels of a Full HD display, enabling you to see more detail in photos, videos, and games.
The UHD upscaling technology of this monitor also allows for near 4K UHD-level picture quality when viewing SD, HD, and Full HD content. Additionally, it supports a billion hues and a 2500:1 contrast ratio, resulting in accurate and true-to-life colors. In addition, this monitor is equipped with a Game Mode that optimizes the image contrast in-game scenes, enabling you to spot enemies quickly.
Moreover, this monitor has a stylish and sleek design with curved contours and corners, a fabric-textured rear casing, and a 3-sided bezel-less screen that measures just 0.27” at its slimmest. It is also supported on a slender yet sturdy V-slim metal stand that also encases cables. Furthermore, the curved display not only makes this monitor look great but also helps your eyes maintain a constant focal distance from the screen, resulting in less eye fatigue and more comfortable viewing over extended periods.
- The monitor has a 4K UHD resolution which delivers lifelike details and extra clarity.
- The 1500R curved screen provides an immersive viewing experience.
- The monitor has UHD upscaling technology that upconverts SD, HD, and Full HD content to near 4K UHD-level picture quality.
- The monitor supports a billion hues and a 2500:1 contrast ratio, producing a wide range of colors and deep, dark blacks.
- The monitor has a Game Mode that optimizes image contrast in-game scenes for a competitive edge during gameplay.
- The monitor only has a 60 Hz refresh rate which may not be suitable for fast-paced gaming.
- The monitor is not available in the market currently.
- The monitor may be expensive for some buyers.
Also read: Best Ultrawide Curved Monitor
The Unrivaled Guide To Pick The Best Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing in 2022
For video editing lovers and anyone who works with software such as Premiere or Lightworks, perhaps they will find something useful here. Choosing the Best Budget 4k Monitor For Video Editing, is not a decision to be underestimated. There are, in fact, essential characteristics that absolutely must not be ignored.
From the refresh rate to the resolution, up to the new models available on the market, for this type of monitor, there is plenty of choices. Advice? Look at the color rendering and the sharpest possible image! Don't be fooled by hyper-cheap offers!
A screen must be functional to the use you want to make of it! Here, then, are the main features that you absolutely must not give up.
How much do pc monitors cost for video editing?
The first thing to say is that the choice of screens suitable for video editing is huge. Starting from the slightly cheaper ones up to those with a higher cost. If you want your monitor to work at high performance, then the choice will fall on products with a higher price. In fact, a first suggestion is to spend from 450 dollars upwards. That doesn't mean you won't be able to buy cheaper peripherals. The price ranges are very variable, from the lowest (about 200 dollars) to the highest (1,000 dollars to go up) you can easily evaluate the ones that suit you best.
Just try not to be too economical and aim for quality products. The big brands, in fact, offer not only a series of functional guarantees but also excellent quality. On the contrary, imitations (and there are many!) Or less than optimal products may not be the right choice. Beware, therefore, of outdated or poor quality screens. Your work deserves so much more!
But let's see together the best price ranges that you can find on the market:
|Low-end (budget)||up to 200 dollars|
|Medium-low range||from 200 to 450 dollars|
|Medium-high range||from 450 to 1,000 dollars|
|High end||from 1,000 dollars upwards|
The choice of panels
For those involved in video editing, and therefore must pay particular attention to image sharpness and chrome plating, we recommend an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel. As you know, the market is currently saturated with LCD displays with LED backlighting. But, since there are LCDs and LCDs, it is good to clarify the different types of panels that can be found when buying a monitor.
There are, in fact, 3 types of panels :
- TN (Twisted Nematic): While having excellent response times, the loss of chrome is evident in video processing. Despite this, the costs fall within a low and medium-low range;
- VA (Vertical Alignment): they too have excellent response times, but not excellent image rendering. Here, the prices soar dramatically;
- IPS (In-Plane Switching): They are absolutely recommended for video editing. While not having excellent response times, the color rendering is exceptional. In addition, the loss of chrome is practically unnoticeable. We are at high prices, but it is an excellent investment for those who work with this type of program.
Let’s talk about resolution and size
Twenty pages would not be enough to explain the importance of choosing a monitor that has a perfect size-resolution ratio. Here we will try to give you some suggestions. With software suitable for video editing, there are those who prefer to invest in Ultrawide monitors. Ultrawide is the latest addition, a cornerstone of world technology, and the big news of recent times. With an aspect ratio of 21: 9 it managed, at least so they say, to send home the old 16: 9. Sincerely? Choose the 16: 9 format again.
Many users who work with a 21: 9 monitor on a professional level are not happy with the results. Some are not used to having a cinemascope screen for editing, but of course, you might be tempted. What's better than a big screen to edit your movies as if you were in the cinema? The reality is that we still prefer 16: 9 and we advise you to do the same! It's up to you to decide!
As for the size, you will have the opportunity to choose between monitors ranging from 18.5 "up to 30". If you want a further tip, never go below 24 ″. Having an image or video sequence as clear as possible is not a trivial matter. And then, of course, there's 4K. But is it really indispensable? In many ways, yes. Especially for programs like Premiere or Avidemux.
We don't want to mislead you. Below is a diagram that will make the situation clearer:
- Full HD (1920 x 1080): 1080p. Recommended size: 24 ″ -27 ″
- Quad HD / 2K (2560 x 1440): 1440 p. Recommended size: minimum 27 ″
- Ultra HD / 4K (3820 x 2160): 2160 p. Recommended size: 28 ″ and up.
There. Another technical specification to check before purchasing is the contrast ratio. A simple mathematical ratio that allows you to manage the light and shadow ratio of your images. The variable numerical value, in fact, regulates the ratio of the brightness of whites to blacks. But be careful!
Before letting yourself be surprised by absurd numbers like 1,000: 1, check that you are talking about a static value, not a dynamic value! In fact, it is precisely the static value that indicates the real quality of a display, not the dynamic, expression of trivial optimizations, completely useless for the final evaluation.
Which display to choose from?
One thing is certain. For entertainment, and therefore video games and films, a glossy screen is recommended. This is especially true for the user who just wants to have fun and spend some 2 to 3 hours of free time. For those who work with the monitor for a long time, despite using video editing programs, we always suggest a matte display. This is because, in addition to tiring the eyes much less, it allows you to work longer with the device without nauseating reflections. Maybe you'll lose some color effects, but trust me, a matte screen is better.
Do monitors need to be adjustable?
If you plan to spend most of the day working with video editing programs then you will want to order an ergonomic monitor. This way you can enjoy all the comforts and advantages of working without too much effort. A good screen must in fact be adjustable in height, inclination, and above all in rotation. A touch of class? The external buttons on the monitor adjust brightness, contrasts, and so on. A must-see for your workstation.
Which Monitor 4k Is Best For Video Editing?
When selecting a 4K monitor for video editing, there are several factors to consider, including color accuracy, resolution, size, and connectivity options. Here are some top options to consider:
Dell UltraSharp U2720Q: This 27-inch monitor offers excellent color accuracy and a wide color gamut, making it well-suited for video editing. It also has a 4K resolution and supports USB-C connectivity.
LG 27UK850-W: This 27-inch monitor features a 4K resolution, HDR support, and excellent color accuracy. It also has USB-C connectivity and a versatile stand for easy adjustment.
ASUS ProArt PA329Q: This 32-inch monitor offers a larger screen size and 4K resolution, as well as excellent color accuracy and a wide color gamut. It also features a built-in calibration tool for precise color calibration.
BenQ PD3200U: This 32-inch monitor offers a 4K resolution and excellent color accuracy, as well as a built-in KVM switch for easy switching between multiple computers. It also features a flicker-free and low blue light mode for reduced eye strain during long editing sessions.
Ultimately, the best 4K monitor for video editing depends on your specific needs and preferences. It's important to consider factors such as color accuracy, resolution, size, and connectivity options when selecting a monitor for video editing.
Is A 4k Monitor Worth It For Video Editing?
A 4K monitor can be worth it for video editing depending on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Here are some reasons why a 4K monitor can be beneficial for video editing:
- Higher resolution: A 4K monitor offers a higher resolution than a standard 1080p monitor, which means more screen real estate and the ability to see more details in the footage. This can be especially beneficial for editing footage shot in 4K or higher resolutions.
- More accurate color representation: Many 4K monitors have a wider color gamut and better color accuracy than standard monitors, which is important for accurate color grading and color correction.
- Future-proofing: As more and more content is being shot in 4K resolution and higher, having a 4K monitor ensures that the editor can accurately view and edit the footage without any loss of detail.
However, there are some downsides to consider when using a 4K monitor for video editing, including the higher cost of 4K monitors and the higher processing power required to edit footage in 4K resolution. It's also important to consider the size of the monitor and whether it's suitable for the specific video editing tasks at hand.
Ultimately, whether a 4K monitor is worth it for video editing depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user. For professional video editors or those who work with high-resolution footage, a 4K monitor may be a worthwhile investment. For casual users or those on a tight budget, a standard 1080p monitor may be sufficient.
Do We Need a 4k Monitor For 4k Video Editing?
While a 4K monitor is not an absolute necessity for editing 4K video, it can be helpful for several reasons. Here are some reasons why a 4K monitor can be beneficial for 4K video editing:
- More accurate representation of details: 4K resolution has four times as many pixels as 1080p resolution, so a 4K monitor can display more details in the footage. This can be especially important when editing 4K footage, as it allows for more precise editing and ensures that no details are lost.
- Better color representation: Many 4K monitors have a wider color gamut and better color accuracy than standard monitors, which is important for accurate color grading and color correction.
- Future-proofing: As more and more content is being shot in 4K resolution and higher, having a 4K monitor ensures that the editor can accurately view and edit the footage without any loss of detail.
However, it's worth noting that a 4K monitor is not strictly necessary for 4K video editing, especially if you're working with compressed footage or don't need to view the footage at full resolution. You can still edit 4K footage on a lower-resolution monitor, but you may need to zoom in on the footage to see the details, which can make editing more challenging.
Ultimately, whether you need a 4K monitor for 4K video editing depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user. For professional video editors or those who work with high-resolution footage, a 4K monitor may be a worthwhile investment. For casual users or those on a tight budget, a standard 1080p monitor may be sufficient.
Which Monitor Brand Is Best For Video Editing?
There are several monitor brands that are known for producing high-quality displays that are well-suited for video editing. Here are some of the top brands to consider:
- Dell: Dell monitors are known for their color accuracy and wide viewing angles, which make them a popular choice for video editors. Their Ultrasharp and PremierColor series are especially well-regarded.
- Eizo: Eizo is a Japanese brand that produces high-end displays that are often used by professionals in fields like photography, graphic design, and video editing. Their ColorEdge series is especially popular among video editors.
- BenQ: BenQ produces a wide range of monitors that are suitable for video editing, including their DesignVue and PhotoVue series. Many of their monitors have wide color gamuts and built-in calibration tools.
- LG: LG produces a variety of monitors that are well-suited for video editing, including their UltraFine and UltraGear series. Many of their monitors have high resolutions, fast refresh rates, and support for HDR.
- Asus: Asus produces a range of monitors that are popular among gamers and content creators, including their ProArt and ROG series. Many of their monitors have high resolutions, fast refresh rates, and support for HDR.
Ultimately, the best monitor brand for video editing will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the user. It's important to consider factors like color accuracy, resolution, size, and price when choosing a monitor for video editing.
How Much Ram Do I Need To Edit 4k Video?
The amount of RAM you need to edit 4K video depends on several factors, including the specific software you're using, the size of your video files, and the complexity of your editing workflow. However, as a general rule of thumb, it's recommended to have at least 16GB of RAM for editing 4K video.
If you're using software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X, both of which are commonly used for video editing, they recommend a minimum of 8GB of RAM but suggest 16GB or more for optimal performance when working with 4K footage. Additionally, if you're working with larger or more complex projects, you may need even more RAM to avoid performance issues like lag or crashes.
It's worth noting that having more RAM doesn't necessarily mean your editing workflow will be faster. Other factors like your processor, graphics card, and storage speed can also impact performance. However, having enough RAM is important to ensure that your computer can keep up with the demands of editing high-resolution video files.
Is 16gb Enough For 4k Video Editing?
While 16GB of RAM is often sufficient for basic 4K video editing, it may not be enough for more complex editing workflows. The amount of RAM you need will depend on factors like the size of your video files, the complexity of your projects, and the specific software you're using.
For example, if you're working with long, multi-camera shoots or high-bitrate footage, you may need more RAM to ensure smooth playback and editing. Similarly, if you're using advanced effects or color grading tools, you may need more RAM to avoid performance issues like lag or crashes.
While 16GB of RAM may be enough for basic 4K video editing, it's always better to have more RAM if you can afford it. Many professional video editors recommend having at least 32GB or more of RAM for working with 4K footage, especially if you're working with larger or more complex projects.
Ultimately, the amount of RAM you need for 4K video editing will depend on your specific needs and workflow. If you're unsure how much RAM you need, it's a good idea to consult the software requirements for your editing software and consider your specific needs and budget before making a decision.
Should I Edit In 4k Or 1080p?
Whether you should edit in 4K or 1080p will depend on several factors, including the resolution of your original footage, the intended output resolution, and the capabilities of your computer and editing software.
If your original footage was shot in 4K, editing in 4K will allow you to work with the highest quality source material and maintain the highest level of detail and clarity throughout your editing process. However, editing in 4K requires a more powerful computer and editing software, as 4K files are larger and require more processing power to work with smoothly.
If your final output will be in 1080p or lower, you may choose to edit in 1080p instead of 4K to save processing power and streamline your workflow. However, even if your final output will be in 1080p, editing in 4K may still be beneficial if you need to zoom or crop your footage, as it will allow you to maintain more detail and clarity than if you had started with a 1080p source.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to edit in 4K or 1080p will depend on your specific needs and workflow. If you have a powerful computer and editing software that can handle 4K footage, and your final output will be in 4K or higher, editing in 4K will provide the best results. However, if your computer or software struggles with 4K footage or your final output will be in 1080p, editing in 1080p may be a more practical choice.
Is 60hz Good For 4k Video Editing?
A 60Hz monitor can be good for 4K video editing, but it may not be sufficient for some users who require a smoother and more responsive experience. A higher refresh rate can help reduce screen tearing, input lag, and motion blur, which can all be important for video editing tasks that require precise adjustments and visual feedback.
That being said, the impact of refresh rate on video editing performance will depend on several factors, including the specific editing software you're using, the size and complexity of your video files, and your personal preferences for how your editing workspace feels.
If you're working with high-resolution video files or complex editing workflows, a higher refresh rate monitor may be beneficial. However, if you're primarily working with smaller files and basic editing tasks, a 60Hz monitor may be sufficient.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to use a 60Hz monitor for 4K video editing will depend on your specific needs and budget. If you can afford a higher refresh rate monitor and you prioritize a smooth and responsive editing experience, it may be worth investing in a monitor with a higher refresh rate.
Do You Need A Graphics Card For 4k Video Editing?
Yes, a dedicated graphics card can be beneficial for 4K video editing. A graphics card can provide additional processing power to assist with rendering and previewing your video footage, which can help improve overall editing performance and reduce lag or stuttering when working with high-resolution video files.
However, whether or not you need a graphics card will depend on several factors, including the specific video editing software you're using, the size and complexity of your video files, and the other components in your computer system.
Most modern video editing software supports GPU acceleration, which means that a dedicated graphics card can significantly improve editing performance. However, some editing software may rely more heavily on CPU performance, in which case a powerful processor may be more important than a graphics card.
Ultimately, whether you need a graphics card for 4K video editing will depend on your specific needs and budget. If you're working with large or complex video files and require smooth and responsive editing performance, a dedicated graphics card may be a worthwhile investment. However, if you're working with smaller or less complex video files, or if you're on a tight budget, a dedicated graphics card may not be necessary.
Is It Hard To Edit 4k Video?
Editing 4K video can be more challenging than editing video in lower resolutions due to the larger file sizes and the increased processing power required to work with high-resolution footage. Working with 4K video can require a more powerful computer and specialized software, and it may take longer to render or export your finished video.
However, the difficulty of editing 4K video will depend on several factors, including the specific hardware and software you're using, the complexity of your editing workflow, and your personal experience and skill level with video editing.
If you have a powerful computer with a dedicated graphics card, plenty of RAM, and a fast processor, and you're using professional video editing software, you may find that editing 4K video is relatively straightforward. However, if you're working on a less powerful computer or using consumer-level editing software, you may encounter performance issues and long rendering times.
Ultimately, the difficulty of editing a 4K video will depend on your specific situation and workflow. If you're new to video editing or working with less powerful hardware, you may find that editing 4K video is more challenging than working with lower resolutions. However, with the right tools and experience, editing a 4K video can be a rewarding and satisfying experience.
Do You Need A Good Graphics Card For a 4k Monitor?
Yes, a good graphics card is necessary for a smooth and responsive experience when using a 4K monitor. 4K resolution requires significantly more processing power than lower resolutions, and a powerful graphics card is needed to render and display images and video at a higher resolution.
Without a good graphics card, you may experience lag, stuttering, or slow performance when using a 4K monitor, particularly when running demanding applications such as games or video editing software.
However, the specific graphics card you need will depend on your usage requirements. If you are using your 4K monitor for basic tasks such as web browsing and productivity applications, a mid-range graphics card may be sufficient. However, if you plan to use your 4K monitor for demanding applications such as gaming or video editing, a high-end graphics card may be necessary to ensure smooth and responsive performance.
Ultimately, the graphics card you need for a 4K monitor will depend on your usage requirements and budget. It is important to do your research and select a graphics card that is appropriate for your needs.
What Size Monitor Is Best For Editing?
The size of the monitor that is best for editing will depend on your personal preferences and workflow. However, many video editors prefer to work on larger monitors that provide more screen real estate for viewing and editing footage.
For video editing, a monitor with a diagonal size of at least 24 inches is generally recommended, although many professionals prefer even larger displays. Larger monitors can provide more space for viewing footage and working with multiple windows or applications simultaneously, which can help improve overall editing efficiency.
It's also important to consider the resolution of the monitor. A monitor with a high resolution, such as 4K, can provide more detail and clarity when working with high-resolution footage, which can be beneficial for precision editing.
Ultimately, the best monitor size for editing will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It's a good idea to try out different monitor sizes and resolutions to find the one that works best for your workflow.
What Do Most Video Editors Use?
Video editors use a wide variety of monitors depending on their specific needs and preferences. However, some popular choices among professionals include:
- Dell UltraSharp U2718Q: This 27-inch 4K monitor is a popular choice among video editors for its high resolution, color accuracy, and wide viewing angles.
- LG 27UK850-W: This 27-inch 4K monitor is also popular among video editors for its color accuracy and HDR support.
- ASUS ProArt PA329Q: This 32-inch 4K monitor is a high-end option for video editors who require extremely high color accuracy and image quality.
- BenQ SW2700PT: This 27-inch monitor is a popular choice among photographers and video editors for its color accuracy and support for hardware calibration.
- Eizo ColorEdge CG318-4K: This 31-inch 4K monitor is a high-end option for professional video editors who require extremely high color accuracy and image quality.
Ultimately, the monitor that video editors use will depend on their specific needs and budget. Many video editors prefer to invest in high-end monitors that provide accurate color reproduction and high resolution to ensure that their work is displayed as accurately as possible.
Do I Need A Special Monitor For Video Editing?
While it is not strictly necessary to have a special monitor for video editing, many professionals and serious enthusiasts prefer to use high-quality monitors that provide accurate color reproduction and a wide range of features that can help improve the editing workflow.
A high-quality monitor can help ensure that the colors in your videos are accurate and consistent, which is particularly important if you are working with color-critical content. Additionally, a monitor with a high resolution and wide viewing angles can provide more detail and flexibility when editing footage.
Some features to look for in a monitor for video editing include:
- High color accuracy: Look for a monitor that supports a wide color gamut and provides accurate color reproduction.
- High resolution: A monitor with a high resolution can provide more detail and clarity when editing footage.
- Wide viewing angles: Look for a monitor that provides wide viewing angles, so you can see your footage clearly from different angles.
- HDR support: HDR support can help improve the dynamic range and color accuracy of your videos.
- Calibration support: Some monitors support hardware calibration, which can help ensure that your monitor is displaying colors accurately.
Ultimately, the monitor you choose for video editing will depend on your specific needs and budget. However, investing in a high-quality monitor can help ensure that your videos are displayed accurately and can help improve your overall editing workflow.
Do I Need Hdr Monitor For Video Editing?
While it's not strictly necessary to have an HDR (High Dynamic Range) monitor for video editing, having one can provide several benefits. HDR monitors offer a wider color gamut and a greater range of brightness levels than standard monitors, which can help improve the accuracy and quality of your video editing work. HDR monitors can display deeper blacks and brighter whites, allowing for more realistic and lifelike images.
If you plan on working with HDR content, having an HDR monitor is particularly important, as it allows you to accurately see the details and colors in the content you are editing. However, it's worth noting that HDR monitors can be more expensive than standard monitors, so the decision to invest in one will depend on your budget and specific needs.
Ultimately, the choice of whether to invest in an HDR monitor for video editing depends on your personal preferences and the types of content you will be working with. If you plan on working with HDR content, an HDR monitor is highly recommended.
Leave a Reply